xDSL Arbitrary Noise Generator
- Easily configurable arbitrary noise generator designed for testing xDSL modems on noise immunity.
- Multiple noise and clock sources, dual injectors and ability to accommodate programmable field noises.
- The Noise Creation Software (NCS) provides unparalleled freedom in creating application specific noise models. The ANG 2005 also can be programmed using .CSV, .TXT or Matlab files.
ABOUT THE ANG 2005
The ANG has the ability to introduce micro interruptions on either or both Network Termination (NT) and Line Termination (LT) side. User programmable noise generators can be injected via 2 fully independent injectors. Easy and fast integration is possible with existing automation platforms, e.g. Agilent VEE, LabView, Tcl/Tk, Visual Basic, C++, etc.
Disturbers are defined by the Standards Organizations and are pre-configured for instant reproduction as part of an automated test bench. The ANG can also be manually operated with the Noise Browser Software (NBS).
KEY INSTRUMENT FUNCTIONALITIES
- Bandwidth up to 5 MHz.
- 2 fully independent noise generators with NEXT, FEXT and User filters in 1 box.
- 7 noise inputs/combinations of sources with NEXT, FEXT and User filters per injector.
- 3 programmable white noise generators.
- 3 programmable sinus generators.
- High Impedance Outputs, NT and LT side.
- Crest Factor of any combination of noise CF>5 (programmable).
- Low noise floor better than –140 dBm/Hz.
- Noise Import™ function (PSD or time based).
- User-friendly Windows-based Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Supports standard noise libraries: ITU, ATIS, ETSI and the Broadband Forum.
- Noise Generators and Noise Injectors are integrated.
- Simulation of:
- Gaussian White Noise
- Crosstalk Noise
- Impulse Noise
- Micro Interruptions
- Differential & Common mode injection.
- Configurable load impedance.
- Unlimited noise combinations.
- NEXT and FEXT filter.
- Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise (REIN).
- Single High-level Impulse Noise Event (SHINE).
- Prolonged Electrical Impulse Noise (PEIN).
- Bit Swap tests.
- Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) tests.